-->

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Channeling Penelope

Penelope was the daughter of Icarus and the wife of Odysseus. She tricked her suitors by unraveling her father-in-law's shroud each night, after promising to choose one of them when the shroud was finished. So, yesterday I frogged the Clapotis and started the Bird's Nest. After knitting a little less than a skein I came to the realization that I was not going to have enough yarn. Tried to buy more, but Spinning Yarns didn't have the same dye lot. After frogging the Bird's Nest, I browsed through many projects on Ravelry, but didn't find anything that fit what I was looking for and used four skeins. The Clap started looking a lot better. Hey, 276 knitters have used Malabrigo so it can't be that wrong for the pattern. I cast on again. This time I'm feeling very happy with my decision and trying not to think about how I would be halfway through if I hadn't started doubting myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment