-->

Monday, January 2, 2012

Socks for Kenny


I started socks for Kenny. He got to open a package of yarn on Christmas, so I felt that I should start them quickly. The yarn is Mountain Colors Crazyfoot in the Red Tail Hawk colorway. Bought the yarn at The Yarn Sellar in York. (one of the last purchases of 2011...) The color is similar to some Lisa Sousa yarn I knit into socks for him, but he likes it. He doesn't have big feet, but I wanted to be sure I had enough yarn so I'm knitting them toe up, two at a time, magic loop. The pattern is the waffle rib from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks. Easy enough, but I've managed to mess it up twice on the instep. Oh well, it will be in his shoes. The pattern is three rows of 2x2 rib and one row of purl. Looks good so far. The purl row helps to break up the colors. I used Judy's Magic Cast On. It worked beautifully. There is a lot of support for that cast on on the web! I just used the description on Knitty and it was easy to follow. I have never knit heel flaps toe up, and certainly not two at a time. This will be a learning experience. Usually I "run home to Momma" and put the sock on dpn's to do the heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment