-->

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Two At A Time


I have two shawls on the needles. This is probably a good idea since one of them is Shipwreck and I'm on the mesh section. Each round takes about 10 yards of yarn. I'm randomly placing the 5,000 (!!) beads across these 56 rounds. That's about 85 beads per round. Currently I have about 2,000 beads strung, so every so often I have to stretch out at least 10 yards and slide the beads down. Needless to say, it's not going very quickly. I'm using Knit Picks bare and will dye the shawl when it's finished. Quite an adventure, this one.
The Flower Basket is moving along quickly. I don't always get a repeat finished every day, but it's still growing at a good pace.
Vogue Knitting now has a preview, called VK 360 that has video of all the patterns in the current issue. It's fantastic! I'm hoping that the other magazines, especially IK and Rowan, will follow this trend. There are so many times I've wanted to see the garment move, see it from another angle, or check out the drape of the fabric. They could lose the music though! Maybe audio of the designer describing the design? I'd love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment