-->

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Starting Color Affection



I picked up some yarn at Knitty City while we were in NYC.
It was a planned purchase, because I am dying to knit Color Affection and the yarn wasn't in my stash. Really.
I chose three colors of Madelinetosh Merino Light, in Boxwood, Vanilla Bean, and Graphite. The Boxwood will be my main color and the Graphite will be the edge. Can't wait to get started, and I only have another 4 rows to knit on the Amberwell, it knit up incredibly fast! Especially with the drive back from New York yesterday.
January One had a post, Fat Tuesday, on color and value comparing color photos to black and white. It is well worth reading. I took a chance with my three colors and shot them with Color Splash. The values are probably too similar, but I'm not changing. It is a great exercise though, and I plan on taking my iPhone with me to the yarn store every time I buy yarn, (in the far distant future, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment