-->

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Das Monster

I'm working on Das Monster leggies for a colleague's baby. The knitting is done so today I'll have to tackle the duplicate stitch for the eyes and the teeth. If I'm smart I'll try it on a swatch first. I love this pattern, it makes everyone laugh.
I've used Berroco Comfort DK which is nylon/acrylic (gasp! horrors!) but actually feels quite good. I started to knit it on KP zephyr needle tips. Bad idea! SQUEAKY! Switched to the nickel plated tips and it knit up beautifully. After some consultation with a friend, I decided to knit a 2x2 rib at the bottom of each leg rather than the moss stitch the pattern suggests. We thought the ribbing would be easier to turn up if the legs are too long.
I've been reading up on duplicate stitch. Found several tutorials, this was a good one. I'm not going to chart it but I think I'll outline the eyes with a contrasting yarn so I can be sure that they are the same shape and the placement is correct. I'll start at the bottom and work up.
I'll post about the success...

No comments:

Post a Comment