-->

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Penance Knitting






















Main Entry: 1pen·ance
Pronunciation: \ˈpe-nən(t)s\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Medieval Latin poenitentia penitence
Date: 14th century
1 : an act of self-abasement, mortification, or devotion performed to show sorrow or repentance for sin

The day after Christmas we were invited to my sister-in-law's friend and neighbor's for drinks. Lou has a penchant for white. I think the problem stemmed from the fact that I stopped knitting and starting drinking wine on an empty stomach. I spilled red wine on her white carpet. Twice. Lou insists that she doesn't hate me but I feel that I need to offer some sort of gift as a symbol of my remorse.
I went into the Yarn Basket thinking cashmere, but it turns out that I wasn't that guilty. I bought two skeins of GGH Silk today and started kniting the Strangled Vine Scarf by Nicole Hindes. This yarn is wonderfully soft and shiny, but it is ridiculously splitty! It will truly be my project of penance, and I certainly can't drink wine while working on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment